MRI ANIMAL RESOURCE CENTER
Pile o' mice
The MRI Animal Resource Center is a state-of-the-art facility, designed specifically to house mice in a safe and clean environment. The ARC facility was designed and constructed to meet exacting regulatory standards required for the operation of research animal facilities. The ARC has been fully AAALAC accredited since 1996.
The mission of the ARC:
- Provide healthy, genetically defined, specific-pathogen-free mice for use in IACUC-approved research, educational and testing protocols.
- Ensure that research mice are cared for in a humane and appropriate manner by the provision of modern, well-maintained facilities, trained personnel, technical support, veterinary care and monitoring of animal care and use.
- Work with Institute Scientists and collaborators to ensure the availability of resources and technical assistance for their research projects.
- Ensure that only pathogen-free mice are introduced into the facility by maintaining an active quarantine program and by working with the transgenic mouse facility to re-derive mice from other organizations that test positive for mouse pathogens.
- Maintain an active surveillance and sentinel program for mouse pathogens.
- Ensure observance of ethical standards and federal regulations pertaining to the care and use of mice for research, education and testing at McLaughlin Research Institute.
McLaughlin Research Institute staff includes AALAS-certified Animal Care Technicians as well as skilled Cage wash Technicians. We promote the best possible working environment by fostering a team-spirit that encourages good communication, personal integrity and individual responsibility. Contact ARC Supervisor, Julie Amato, for more information. (email@example.com)
Click to read current Health Status Report