SCIENTIFIC ADVISORY COMMITTEE
2011 Scientific Advisory Committee
L-R Nancy Jenkins, Neal Copeland, James Spudich, David Cameron, Jeff Frelinger, Leroy Hood, Irving Weissman
Not pictured is David Baltimore.
McLaughlin Research Institute's Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) evaluates the progress and directions of research at the Institute, provides advice to the Director and the Board on scientific matters, and helps in recruiting new scientists and identifying new funding opportunities. The Committee, which is composed of outstanding scientists from across the country, meets annually at the Institute. Members meet with Institute scientists and postdoctoral fellows to help further their research and career development. The SAC meeting is regularly held in conjunction with a day-long workshop featuring presentations by SAC members, Institute Staff, and invited guests. The workshop is open to members of Montana's scientific community...
- Irving L. Weissman M.D. (Chairman), Director, Institute of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine Stanford University School of Medicine
- David Baltimore Ph.D., Professor, Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology
- David Cameron Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, Department of Biology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT
- Neal G. Copeland Ph.D., Professor and Principal Investigator, Cancer Genetics Laboratory, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore
- Jeffrey A. Frelinger Ph.D., Professor and Chair, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of North Carolina Medical School
- Leroy E. Hood M.D. Ph.D., President & Director, Institute for Systems Biology ,Seattle, WA
- Nancy A. Jenkins Ph.D., Professor and Principal Investigator, Cancer Genetics Laboratory, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore